- Cherrapunji is considered to be one of the most raining places on Earth’s b. Cherrapunji is located in Meghalaya, where most of the rains have occurred in India, but this year it has changed, Mahabaleshwar received 7520.3 mm rainfall this time.
- In order to construct three new districts, Arunachal Pradesh Assembly passed a bill. In the new district of the state, there is Pukke Kesang, Lepa Rada and Shi-Yomi. It has been said that till now there are 22 districts in Arunachal Pradesh. According to the report, there will be four administrative units of Tirubin, Bassar, Daring and Sago in the districts.
- Special Investment Region (SIR) has been developed as part of Tamil Nadu’s efforts to increase economic growth in the northern parts of the state. SIR will be developed by GMR Infrastructure Limited and Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation Limited (TIDCO).
- Central HRD Minister launches the third edition of ‘Smart India Hackathon’ 2019, the world’s largest open innovation model in New Delhi.
- Central Cabinet has approved the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between India and Bulgaria to strengthen cooperation in tourism sector.
National Current Affairs Quiz
- i) In the monsoon, which place was the highest rainfall in India this year, surpassing Cherrapunji?
Answer: Mahabaleshwari |
ii). Arunachal Pradesh assembly passed a bill for the construction of several new districts?
Answer: Three |
iii) The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu laid the foundation for developing special investment areas in which district?
Answer: Krishnagiri |
- iv) Which Union Minister launched the third edition of ‘Smart India Hackathlon’ 2019, the world’s largest open innovation model in New Delhi?
Answer: Human Resource Development Minister, Shri Prakash Javadekar.
- v) Which country did the agreement with the Union Cabinet for promoting tourism sector?
- Under the leadership of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, the Union Cabinet has signed Memorandum of Understanding on cooperation between Research Design and Standards Organization, India and Korea Railroad Research Institute for strengthening and promoting scientific and technical cooperation in the field of railways.
- India has signed a Memorandum of Understanding between the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland for cooperation in the field of petrol, dairy and mortar rearing.
- Abu Dhabi has announced that India will be guest of the next year’s Abu Dhabi International Book Fair (ADBF). In the fair from 24th to 30th April 2019 (Book Fair) will celebrate cultural and literary production in the United Arab Emirates.
On 4.28 August 2018, the Government of India and the European Union (EU) have joined hands for the research program of 240 crore to develop “next-generation Influenza vaccine” for the protection of people across the globe.
- Fourth edition of the Summit of Nations was held in Kathmandu, capital of Nepal on 30-31 August 2018.
International Current Affairs Quiz
- i) The Union Cabinet signed a Memorandum of Understanding with which country to assist in the field of Railways?
North-South Korea |
ii). India and which two countries have signed Memorandum of Understanding for cooperation in the field of Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fisheries?
North: United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
iii) Which country was nominated as a guest for the 29th edition of the Abu Dhabi International Book Fair?
- iv) Under which direction did the Indian government join hands to develop the next generation influenza vaccine under Horizon 2020?
Answer: European Union |
- v) Which fourth summit of the BIMSTEC nations was held on 30-31 August 2018?
North: Kathmandu (Nepal).
- The Company, under the Elphabet Inc, has entered into an agreement with four leading private banks – HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank and Federal Bank – to provide instant online loans to India.
- Indian Rupee crossed the level of 71 rupees per dollar for the first time on August 31, 2018. In the perspective of the US dollar, the price of Indian rupee falling was more demanding of dollars by expensive crude oil and defense and oil marketing companies.
Finance Current Affairs Quiz
- i) In order to provide immediate online loan in India, Google recently signed an agreement with which four private banks of the country?
Ans: HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank and Federal Bank |
- ii) In the context of the US Dollar, at what level did Indian Currency Rupee fall to August 31, 2018?
Answer: 71 rupees per dollar |
- Mohammed Nabi of Afghanistan has made a record of an exceptional category in the history of cricket. He has become the world’s first cricketer to participate in all one-day international cricket matches played by his country.
- In the Asian Games 11th Day track and field event, India won two consecutive gold medals after one successive. First gold, Punjab’s athlete Arpinder Singh won the triple jump (16.77 meters). After this, Swapna Burman gave the country 11th gold medal in the women’s Heptathlon.
- Kinson Johnson won India’s gold medal in the 1,500 meter race on the 12th day of the 18th Asian Games i.e. 30 August.