Current Affairs 17th Sept 2018- Daily GK Questions, Quiz
Current Affairs 17th Sept 2018
- Competition Commission of India approved the acquisition of Pipeline Infrastructure by India Infrastructure Trust. Purchase Trust’s proposed sponsor Rapid Holdings 2 Pte and investment manager will be through Penbrook Capital Advisors.
- Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi launches the country’s first National Scholarships Portal Mobile App (NSP Mobile App). This app will ensure an easy, easy and handicap free scholarship system for students of poor and weaker sections.
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar’s cabinet took a decision on the people killed in the incident of mobs lining. It has been decided that if a person is killed by a crowd, then the family members of such a person will be given an interim relief of Rs.1 lakh from the state government.
- Prime Minister-led Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved 100 percent electrification of broad gauge routes of Indian Railways. Currently 87,000 km (about 68 percent of the network) is electrified. 100 percent electrification is to be achieved immediately till 2021-22.
5.The Government of Tamilnadu passed the order to ban the sale of e-cigarette (electronic nicotine delivery system or ENDS) with immediate effect.
National Current Affairs Quiz
i). On September 13, 2018, the Competition Commission of India approved the acquisition of pipeline infrastructure by which organization?
Answer: India Infrastructure Trust |
ii). What was the first mobile app launch of India to provide scholarships to students of poor and weaker sections?
Answer: NSP Mobile App |
iii) Which state government recently announced an interim relief of one lakh rupees to people affected by mob violence?
- iv) For which year did the Indian Railways set a target of electrifying 100 percent?
Answer: From year 2021-22.
v). Which state government recently banned the sale of e-cigarette?
1.America will soon release a ‘Moller Mike’ communication device that fits into the teeth of soldiers, making hands-free calls.
- There are geographical, commercial and economic reasons behind the keeping of these countries by the United States, which leads to transit or production of narcotic substances. Regardless of why no government is taking solids and continuous steps for control of narcotics.=
- India is ranked 130th in Human Development Index (HDI) released by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi jointly inaugurated three basic projects in Bangladesh through video conferencing.
International Current Affairs Quiz
- i) Which country recently announced the ‘Moler Mikes’ communication device fitting in the teeth of soldiers?
- ii) Which country’s President included India in the list of 21 major countries of drug production and their transit?
iii) Which place India has recently received in the Human Development Index released by the United Nations Development Program?
Answer: 130th |
- iv) Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently unveiled three basic projects in which country through video conferencing?
- In a joint report issued by Koca Wealth Management and Hurun, Godrej Smita Krishna Godrej has been declared the richest woman in the country. According to the report, he has been valued at Rs 37,570 crore.
- Chhattisgarh assembly passed a supplementary budget of Rs 2,400 crore for the financial year 2018-19. With this, the size of the state budget for the fiscal year 2018-19 has grown to Rs 94,775 crore.
Finance Current Affairs Quiz
- i) According to the report released jointly by Kotak Wealth Management and Hurun, which Indian woman was declared the richest woman in the country?
Answer: Smita Krishna Godrej |
ii). How recently did the Chhattisgarh Assembly pass the supplementary amount?
Answer: 2,400 crore rupees.
- World Masters Athletics Championship is running in Malaga, Spain. Man Kaur won gold medal in the 200 meter race for the 100 – 104 age group, she completed this race in 3 minutes 14 seconds.
Sports Current Affairs Quiz
- i) The oldest female athlete of India, won the gold medal at the World Masters Athletics Championship 2018 at the age of 102 years?
Answer: Man Kaur |
- Vibha Palankar has made this Appointment for three years from September 12, 2018, by HDFC Life. He joined HDFC Life in August 2008. There has been another application in HDFC Life. Suresh Badami was appointed director for three years.
Appointment Current Affairs Quiz
i). Who appointed HDFC Life as the new MD and CEO of the company?
Answer: Vishal Padalkar |
- AIIMS MBBS 2020:Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility Details
- CAT 2020- Application Form, Eligibility, Important Dates, Syllabus
- Lucknow Metro Recruitment 2019-20 Apply Online For AE, JE Other Post
- UP Police Constable Result 2019- 49,568 Constable Cutoff & Result Declared
- CTET December Admit Card 2019- Download ctet.nic.in Hall Ticket Online
- CCRAS Recruitment 2019, Online Form Link for 66 UDC / LDC Posts
- UP Rojgar Mela 2019 (70000+) यूपी रोजगार मेला ऑनलाइन आवेदन
- MPPSC Pre Online Form 2020 Notification, Exam Date @http://mppsc.nic.in
- Indian Navy 10+2 B.Tech Form 2019 - 2020 Apply Online @ www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET) 2019 | Apply For January 2021 Course