Current Affairs 24th September 2018 GK Question & Answers, Quiz
24 September Current Affairs 2018
1.The first General Assembly of the International Solar Coalition (ISA) will be held in New Delhi on October 2, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch, United Nations Secretary General will be the Chief guest.
- Eight countries of the Hing Ocean region started the process of giving names to cyclonic storms since 2004 on India’s initiative. Under this, the names of these names were started from among the names already suggested by member countries.
- Raj Kumar had filed a case against the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, which stated that his name was not considered for the Arjuna Award by the selection committee. Arjuna Award has been given to him after the Delhi High Court has ruled in favor of Raj Kumar.
- The name of the book is ‘Story So for’. It will be released in 2019 It will be published by Westland Books.
- India Post Payments Bank and Bajaj Allianz announce a five-year partnership to sell life insurance products on the basis of revenue share.
National Current Affairs Quiz
|i) The first General Assembly of the International Solar Coalition will be held in which Indian state on October 2?
A. New Delhi |ii) What is the name given to cyclonic storm in Odisha in the third week of September 2018?
Answer: Daye (‘day’ or ‘right’).iii) After the Delhi High Court’s decision, the Union youth and sports minister Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore awarded the Arjuna Award to which player?
Answer: Para Shutler Raj Kumar |
iv) Journalist, writer and filmmaker Sandeep Mishra composed the book ‘Story So for’ on which player?
v). India Post Payments Bank, with which company, has announced a five-year partnership for selling life insurance products on the basis of revenue share?
- About India, it has been said that the number of terror attacks in Jammu and Kashmir has increased by 24% in 2017 and the number of people killed in these attacks has increased by 89%. It has been reported that 25 percent of the 860 terror attacks in India in 2017 have been in Jammu and Kashmir alone.
- India has offered to set up a Mahatma Gandhi Convention Center in more than 20 countries in Africa, now it will be the center in Niger.
- This Air Force exercise has started on September 17 and will run until September 28. Its aim is to work on anti-terrorist operations in a two-sided scenario. It will be held in Jodhpur, India from December 10 to December 22, 2018.
- Australia’s High Commissioner to India, Harinder Sidhu, unveiled the program for the Australia festival- A six-month celebration of Australian culture, in which more than 75 programs in 20 cities of India were included.
- Afghan President Ashraf Ghani arrived in New Delhi to discuss bilateral discussions with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on several important issues of mutual interest. He met Prime Minister Modi at Hyderabad House in Delhi.
International Current Affairs Quiz
|i). According to a report released by the US State Department, which place is India ranked for the second year in a list of terror affected countries?
A. In the third place |ii) Recently, in what country did India sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the establishment of ‘Mahatma Gandhi Convention Center’?
North: South Africa |iii) The joint air force exercise of India and Russia took place in Lipetsk (Russia), what was the name given to this practice?
Answer: Practice avendra-18 |
iv) Which country has organized the major cultural festival in India covering more than 75 programs in 20 cities of India?
v). Which country’s President took bilateral discussions with Prime Minister Narendra Modi on several important issues of mutual interest in New Delhi?
- 1. On September 20, 2018, Modi laid the foundations of this vast center in Delhi. It will have an area of 221.37 acres and it will be constructed in two phases. It will be used for international and national programs, meetings, conferences, exhibitions and trade shows.
- UN General Secretary Antonio Gutters had appealed to the world for this economic cooperation. India first responded and in order to reduce carbon emissions and promote sustainable energy, India has given a million dollar funding for the solar project of UN Headquarters.
Finance Affairs Quiz
|i). At what place did Prime Minister Narendra Modi place the foundation of ‘India International Conference and Exhibition Center’ recently, whose estimated cost is Rs 25,703 crore?
North Delhi |ii) How much amount of cooperation did India provide for setting up a solar panel on the roof of the United Nations Headquarters?
Ans million dollars (Rs seventy million) |
Tajinder Mukherjee has been appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of National Insurance Company Limited.
Appointment Current Affairs Quiz
|i) Who was recently appointed as the new Chairman and Managing Director of National Insurance Company Limited?
Answer: Tajinder Mukherjee |
- UPTET 2019-20 Notification: UPTET 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates
- RBI Recruitment 2019- Notification For Bank’s Medical Consultant And Director Posts
- RPSC PRO Admit Card 2019 Available @ rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in
- GMCH Chandigarh Recruitment 2019- Apply For Associate Professor And Other Posts
- UPTET Answer Key 2019 Download Set A/B/C/D (Paper 1-2) Answer Sheet
- BSF Constable Exam Answer Key 2019 Available @ bsf.nic.in Now
- IBPS Recruitment 2019: Apply Online For Research Associate & Deputy Manager Posts
- Indian Army TGC 131 and TES 43 Notification: Apply Online @joinindianarmy.nic.in
- MPWZ Apprentice 2019- 182 Vacancies Notified for Different Trades
- Important GK Questions And Answers On Indian Economy 2019