GATE 2019 Dates - Registration, Eligibility, Syllabus & Exam Pattern - Naukaricareer
Good news for those candidates who are willing to apply for GATE 2019 Application Form. GATE 2019 Registration last date has been extended till 1st October 2018. Indian Institute of Technology Madras has released GATE Application Form 2019 in First week of September 2018. Applicants can do GATE Online Registration after ensuring their eligibility. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level examination which is conducted to offer admission into M.Tech/M.Sc in engineering/ technology/ architecture and P.hD in relevant branches of science.
GATE 2019 Exam Dates:
Online registration and submission of application form will be done on or before the last date that is 1st October 2018. GATE 2019 Exam Dates is scheduled to be held in 2nd & 3rd February (9:30 AM to 12:00 Noon) and 9th & 10th February 2019 (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM).
According to the GATE Exam Notice 2019, only those who will match with the GATE Criteria can participate for the Exam. By following these details, you will not face any difficulty at time of applying.
We, the team of naukaricareer.com are describing other relevant information about filling GATE Online Application, GATE Application Form 2019 Status and Gate Exam Details below on this page for our visitors.
GATE 2019 Exam Details:
|Name of Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|Name of Exam||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2019|
|Mode of apply||Online|
|Last Date to fill GATE Application Form||01.10.2018|
|GATE 2019 Exam Date||First week and Second week of February 2019|
GATE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must meet below GATE eligibility criteria.
Indian & Foreign National candidates are eligible to apply.
There will be no age limit criteria to apply.
|Qualifying Exam||Description about Qualifying Exam||Description of Eligible Candidates||Passing Year|
|B.Tech/BE/B.Pharm||4 years Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/Technology after 10+2 examination.
3 years Bachelor’s degree holders after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology.
|Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|B.Arch||5 years Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture.||Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|B.Sc (Research)/BS||Bachelor’s degree in Science after Post diploma.
4 years Bachelor’s degree in Science after 10+2.
|Currently in the 4th year or already completed.||2019|
|M.Sc/MA/MCA or equivalent||Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent.||Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech (Post-B.Sc)||4 years Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programme in Engineering/Technology.||Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4thyear or already completed.||2021|
|Integrated ME/M.Tech or Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2)||5 years Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed.||2020|
|Integrated M.Sc/Integrate BS-MS||Integrated M.Sc.
5 years Integrated BS-MS programme.
|Currently in the final year or already completed.||2019|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to BE/B.Tech/B.Arch)||BE/B.Tech/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (example: AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses.||NA|
Note: Candidates, those completed/appearing their qualifying exam from countries other than India, they must complete or in the final year of their 4 years bachelors degree in engineering/technology or 2 years masters degree in any relevant subjects in science.
The application fee will be deposited through online mode by using either net banking or debit card or credit card.
The fee will be non-refundable & non-transferable.
The fee details are given below in the table:
|For Examination Centers in India|
|SC/ST/PwD/ Female candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Categories||Rs. 1500|
|Late Fee||Rs. 500 (22nd Sep to 1st Oct 2018)|
|For Examination Centers in Foreign Countries (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US $50|
|Dubai and Singapore||US $100|
|Late Fee||US $20 (22nd Sep to 1st Oct 2018)|
Candidates must fill application carefully, the correction will not be allowed in any fields except exam city center. Other details about GATE Application correction 2019 are given below:
- Application Correction is starting from 24th September 2018.
- Last year, the correction was done in Gender, Category and PwD status with Rs. 750 as correction fee.
- The official authority will send the mail to the candidate’s registered email Id regarding status of the application and defects in the application form.
- Candidates have to immediately rectify the identified defects within a stipulated time period.
- Failing to rectify the defects within a stipulated time period will lead to the rejection of the application form.
GATE 2019 Exam Pattern
GATE exam pattern 2019 complete information is mentioned here:
- Papers: GATE examination will be conducted for 24 subjects/papers.
- Date: It is conducting on 2nd, 3rd, 9th & 10th February 2019.
- Exam Mode: It will be organized in online mode (computer-based test).
- Type of Questions: In the examination, MCQs & Numerical type questions will be asked.
- Attempt: Candidates can appear only in any one paper of GATE examination.
- Session: Examination will be held in two sessions, i.e. forenoon (9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon) & afternoon (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM).
- Validity of Score Card: GATE 2019 score card will be valid for three years from the date of declaration of result.
- Duration: Exam duration will be of three hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 65 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Marks: The question paper will be of 100 marks.
- Section Common in All GATE Papers: It is compulsory to attempt General Aptitude (GA) section.
|Pattern of Questions||Marks Allotted||Negative Marking|
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||1 or 2 marks||For 1 mark question, 1/3 marks will be deducted.
For 2 marks question, 2/3 mark will be deducted.
|Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||1 or 2 marks||No negative marking|
Marks & Questions Distribution:
|Sections||Number of Questions & Marks||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude (GA)||5 Question carrying 1- mark each & 5 question carrying 2-marks each.||10||15|
|Question Papers other than GG, XE and XL||25 questions carrying 1-mark each & 30 questions carrying 2-marks each.||55||85|
|Question Paper GG (Geology and Geophysics)||PART A (Compulsory)||PART B||55||85|
|25 questions carrying 1-mark each.||Section 1 (Geology) & Section 2 (Geophysics) (Attempt Any One):
30 questions carrying 2-marks each.
|XE Paper (Engineering Sciences)||Section A Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory):||Sections B to H: (Attempt Any Two)||55||85|
|7 questions carrying 1-mark each & 4 questions carrying 2-marks each.||9 questions carrying 1-mark each & 13 questions carrying 2-marks.|
|XL Paper (Life Sciences)||Section P Chemistry (Compulsory):||Sections Q to U: (Attempt Any Two)||55||85|
|5 questions carrying 1-mark each & 10 questions carrying 2-marks each.||10 questions carrying 1-mark each & 10 questions carrying 2-marks each.|
GATE 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus has been released by the conducting authority separately for each paper in a PDF format. These papers & detailed syllabus are:
- Statistics (ST):Calculus, Probability, Linear Algebra, Inference, Stochastic Processes, Multivariate Analysis, Design of Experiments & Regression Analysis.
- General Aptitude (GA):Verbal Ability & Numerical Ability.
- Aerospace Engineering (AE):Engineering Mathematics, Flight Mechanics, Space Dynamics, Aerodynamics, Structures, Propulsion.
- Agricultural Engineering (AG):Engineering Mathematics, Farm Machinery, Farm Power, Soil and Water Conservation Engineering, Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, etc.
- Architecture and Planning (AR):Architecture and Design, Building Materials, Construction and Management, Building and Structure, Environmental Planning and Design, etc.
- Biotechnology (BT): Engineering Mathematics, General Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology, etc.
- Civil Engineering (CE):Engineering Mathematics, Structural Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, etc.
- Chemical Engineering (CH):Engineering Mathematics, Process Calculations and Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics and Mechanical Operations, etc.
- Computer Science and Information Technology (CS):Engineering Mathematics, Digital Logic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Programming and Data Structures, etc.
- Chemistry (CY):Physical Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry & Organic Chemistry.
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC):Engineering Mathematics, Networks, Signals and Systems, Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits, Digital Circuits, etc.
- Electrical Engineering (EE):Engineering Mathematics, Electric Circuits, Electromagnetic Fields, Signals and Systems, Electrical Machines, etc.
- Ecology and Evolution (EY):Ecology, Evolution, Mathematics and Quantitative Ecology, Behavioural Ecology, etc.
- Geology and Geophysics (GG):Common Section (Earth and Planetary system, Weathering and soil formation, etc), Geology & Geophysics.
- Instrumentation Engineering (IN):Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Circuits, Signals and Systems, Control Systems, etc.
- Mathematics (MA):Linear Algebra, Complex Analysis, Real Analysis, Algebra, Functional Analysis, Numerical Analysis, etc.
- Mechanical Engineering (ME):Engineering Mathematics, Applied Mechanics and Design, Fluid Mechanics and Thermal Sciences, etc.
- Mining Engineering (MN):Engineering Mathematics, Mine Development and Surveying, Geomechanics and Ground Control, etc.
- Metallurgical Engineering (MT):Engineering Mathematics, Thermodynamics and Rate Processes, Extractive Metallurgy, etc.
- Petroleum Engineering (PE):Linear Algebra, Petroleum Formation Evaluation, Oil and Gas Well Testing, etc.
- Physics (PH):Mathematical Physics, Classical Mechanics, Electromagnetic Theory, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics, etc.
- Production and Industrial Engineering (PI):Engineering Mathematics, General Engineering, Manufacturing Processes I, Quality and Reliability, etc.
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF):Engineering Mathematics, Textile Fibers, Fabric manufacture, Structure and Properties, etc.
- Engineering Mathematics (XE-A), Fluid Mechanics (XE-B), Materials Science (XE-C), Solid Mechanics (XE-D), Thermodynamics (XE-E), Polymer Science and Engineering (XE-F), Food Technology (XE-G), Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (XE-H).
- Chemistry (XL-P), Biochemistry (XL-Q), Botany (XL-R), Microbiology (XL-S), Zoology (XL-T) & Food Technology (XL-U).
Way to fill GATE 2019 Application Form:
- Students may apply online by visiting the Gate Official Website that is www.gate.iitg.ac.in.
- Now hit “and read the GATE Notification 2019 carefully.
- Then hit the appropriate link to fill GATE Online Registration Form. Gate Brochure” that is given under ‘Quick Links’.
- And select link for online Gate Registration.
- Enter your personal mobile number and e-mail address because all communication will be done through it.
- GOAPS Enrollment ID will be given to the all registered candidates.
- All communications from the Offices will be sent to this email address
- The candidate chooses a password during Enrollment at GOAPS.
- This password must be remembered along with the GOAPS Enrolment ID to Gate Goaps Login.
- You are recommended to choose the password which is not easily guessed by any one.
- After that Required Data for Filling GATE Online Application Form
- Fill all the required details and submit the application through the relevant mode.
- Check all the details and submit the application form
- At last take the print out of GATE 2019 Application Form for future references.
GATE 2019 Exam Dates
Here, we have updated official schedule & GATE exam dates:
|GATE 2019 Online Application Form Opens||1st September 2018|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||1st October 2018|
|Application correction||24th September – 1st October 2018|
|Last date for registration||1st October 2018|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||16th November 2018|
|Mock Test Release||3rd week of November 2018|
|Admit Card Downloading Starts||4th January 2019|
|GATE Aptitude Test||2nd & 3rd February (9:30 AM to 12:00 Noon) and 9th & 10th February 2019 (2:30 PM to 5:30 PM)|
|Answer Key Release||Within a few days after examination|
|Announcement of Results||16th March 2019|
|Score Card Release||20th March to 31st May 2019|
|Counselling Starts||1st week of April 2019|
GATE Official Help Desk Details:
The official website of GATE is gate.iitm.ac.in. Get GATE official help desk details for further enquiry:
Organizing Chairman, GATE 2019
Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Chennai-600036, Tamil nadu
Contact Number: 044-22578200
E-mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
You get the complete details about GATE Application Form 2019; just go through this Official Link. To get more Gate Details, you need to keep touch with our web portal.
- BHU Admission 2020- Registration Form, Eligibility, Syllabus, Dates
- JEE Main 2021: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Syllabus
- JEECUP 2020: UP Polytechnic Online Form, Exam Dates Announced
- Bihar SSC Anuwadak Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online For 1505 Posts
- GPSC Recruitment 2019 Apply Online @ gpsc.gujarat.gov.in
- North Western Railway Recruitment 2019 | Apply Online For Apprentice Posts
- AIIMS Rishikesh Recruitment 2019 | Apply for Nursing Officer Posts
- Bihar Samaj Kalyan Vibhag Application Form 2019-20- Apply Online Registration
- UP Scholarship Online Form 2020 www.scholarship.up.nic.in Online Registration
- UP Yoga Teacher Bharti 2020 Yoga Teacher Online Registration