Are you searching for IELTS Syllabus 2023 and exam pattern? Check the Updated IELTS Syllabus PDF for the preparation of the IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training that is scheduled to be held in the upcoming month. International English Language Testing System conducts this IELTS examination for higher education and immigration. Appearing contenders in IELTS 2023 Exam can download the Section Wise IELTS Exam Pattern & Syllabus from this page and start preparing for the exam. Participating contestants in IELTS Tests need to check this page completely and download the updated IELTS Syllabus 2023 PDF.
IELTS Syllabus 2023
IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System and it is the world’s most popular English Test conducted by the British Council, IDP, and Cambridge ESOL Examinations for both IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training formats of the Exam. IELTS world’s most popular English language test conducted for selecting talented candidates for higher education and immigration abroad. To crack this test, candidates must know the detailed and revised IELTS Syllabus and Exam pattern. According to IELTS Exam Syllabus, IELTS consists of four compulsory sections namely Listening, Reading, Writing, and Speaking sections. Download the Revised IELTS 2023 Syllabus PDF of Academic/General Training along with IELTS Exam Pattern from here.
IELTS Syllabus 2023 Overview
|Conducting Body||British Council|
|Category||IELTS Exam Syllabus|
Check Here– How To Crack IELTS Exam Easily
IELTS Exam 2023
International English Language Testing System is a high-stakes English test for study, migration, or work. So, it assesses your English language skills in terms of spoken and written English. If you wish to study or work in a country where English is the primary language of communication, apply for IELTS Exam 2023. Also, this test assesses your listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills.
IELTS Exam Pattern
|Duration||Description||Number of questions|
|30 minutes||The Listening section will have four monologues and recorded conversations.||4 questions in total|
|60 minutes||The reading section will have four passages and there will be tasks.||40 questions in total|
|The tasks from the passage will be fact-based, descriptive, and discursive. The analytical portion will be based on the non-verbal part and will have graphical representations, images, illustrations and texts from various books and study material.|
|60 minutes||1 short essay of around 250-word limit.||2 questions in total|
|A task of 150 words where the students need to describe, analyze, summarize, and explain the graphical representations, images and illustrations.|
|11-14 minutes||The speaking section will have a structured and detailed discussion on various topics, short face-to-face interview questions and some lengthy questions about various topics of interest.||3 questions in total|
IELTS Syllabus 2023
IELTS exam is conducted in two parts. Those who qualify for both rounds may grab the chance to get education from foreign countries.
- General Training Version
- Academic Version
IELTS General Training Version Syllabus:
- The IELTS General Training Syllabus version requires aspirants to read extracts from books, magazines, newspapers, notices, advertisements, company handbooks and guidelines.
- The Academic version contains 3 long texts that range from the descriptive and factual to the discursive and analytical.
- Writing component of IELTS Academic includes two tasks.
- Topics are of general interest to and suitable for aspirants entering undergraduate and postgraduate studies or seeking professional registration.
- In this task, aspirants will be asked to write a letter requesting information or explaining the situation.
- The letter may be personal, semi-formal or formal in style.
- In this task you will be said to write an essay in concern to a point of view, argument or problem.
- The essay can be slightly more personal in style than the Academic Writing Task 2 essay.
IELTS Academic Version Syllabus:
IELTS Academic Syllabus version is further consisting of three sections mentioned below. Check IELTS Syllabus from here.
- Listening section
- Reading section
- Listening Section:
Listening section of IELTS has four sub-sections.
- First:conversation between two individuals set in an everyday social context.
- Second:monologue or a speech.
- Third:conversation among a maximum of four people set in an academic setting
- Fourth:monologue on an academic subject, for instance, an academic lecture.
- Reading Section:
- Reading section assesses the test taker’s skill in reading.
- Applicant has to answer questions (multiple choice, sentence completion, summary writing, matching information, short-answers etc.) after reading text passages.
- Each passage consists of 13-14 questions; overall Reading module has 40 questions to be answered
- Questions from reading for main ideas, reading for detail, skimming, and understanding logical argument is asked.
- Speaking Section:
- Speaking IELTS Syllabus includes six tasks that are two independent tasks and four independent tasks.
- In independent tasks, appliers required to answer opinion questions on familiar tasks.
- Judgment to select candidates will be based on their ability to speak spontaneously and clearly.
The IELTS Syllabus for Writing Section will consist of 2 tasks in writing to be completed in 150- 250 words respectively.
IELTS Syllabus for Task 1:
- In this task a graph, table, chart or diagram will be give to you and you will be asked to describe, summarize or explain the information in your own words.
- Contenders will be asked to illustrate data, describe the stages of a process, how something works or describe an object or event.
IELTS Syllabus for Task 2:
- In task 2 you have to write an essay in response to a point of view, argument or problem.
- Responses to both tasks must be in a formal style.
What is the format of the IELTS Test?
There are two versions of the test, IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. First three parts of the test will be held on same day in the following order:
When can I take IELTS?
IELTS is available on 48 fixed dates a year – up to four times a month. This year IELTS Exam 2023 is scheduled to be held from January to December 2022 for Academic/General Training.
How much is IELTS Exam Fee?
The test fee for General and Academic tests is Rs.11300 In India.
We providing the complete IELTS Syllabus 2023 And Exam Pattern for your best preparation. Bookmarking our web portal for receiving more updates for IELTS Test Dates.