JEE Main 2021
The National Testing Agency will conduct the Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE MAIN) 2021 on the scheduled date and time. JEE MAIN is the national level entrance test which is a gateway for admission in various undergraduate engineering courses such as B.E/B.Tech/ B.Arch. There are various prestigious institutions in the Country including NITs, CFTIs, etc. which consider JEE Main rank for admission in engineering courses. However, for admission to IITs & ISM Dhanbad, the students must qualify JEE Advance also.
JEE Main 2021 Latest Updates
Every year JEE Main Exam will be held in the month of January and April. Students must apply as the prescribed schedule well in advance before the last date of application. candidates must check the complete information about JEE Main 2021 such as application process, eligibility, application fee, exam pattern, JEE exam dates, and other details available in the below section of this page.
JEE Main 2021 Short Review
|Name of the Exam||Joint Entrance Examination Main 2021|
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as the compulsory subject and one additional subject among Biotechnology/Biology/ Chemistry/Technical Vocational subject.|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Registration Process||Online only|
|Conduct of Exam||Twice in a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
JEE Main 2021 Important Dates
Dates for January Exam
|Availability of application form||September 2020|
|Mock test availability||September 2020|
|Last date for submission of application form||September 2020|
|Last date for payment of application fee||October 2020|
|Correction in the application form||October 2020|
|JEE Main admit card release date||December 2020|
|Date of Exam||January 2021|
|Announcement of result||January 2021|
Dates for April Exam
|Release of application form||February 2021|
|Mock test availability||February 2021|
|Last date for submitting the application form||March 2021|
|Last date for payment of application fee||March 2021|
|Correction in the application form||March 2021|
|Release of JEE Main admit card||March 2021|
|Date of Exam||April 2021|
|Announcement of result||April 2021|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main Exam Age Criteria-
Those who are born on or after 1st October 1996 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2021.
- There is 5-year relaxation in upper age to the SC/ST and PWD candidates.
- The date of birth should be as per the matriculation (10th) certificate.
JEE Main Education Qualification
- Qualifying Exam: 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board/institute.
- Subjects: Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along one of the subject among Biology/Chemistry/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subject for B.E./B.Tech. course. However, for B.Arch./B.Planning, candidates should have completed 10+2 exam with Mathematics subject.
- Passing Year: 12th class examination in the year 2019 and 2020 are also eligible to apply. However, the one who is appearing in the 12th class examination in the year 2021 can also apply for JEE Main.
- The students who appeared in the class 12th examination in the year 2018 and did not pass the exam and passed in the year 2019 are not eligible to apply.
JEE Main Number of Attempts
- Students can appear in JEE Main maximum 03 number of times.
JEE Main Application Form 2021: How to Apply?
Candidates can submit JEE Main application form through online mode only. There is no other way to submit an application form. The application form will be available on the official website. Aspirants must apply after ensuring their eligibility to appear in the exam. Candidate must keep in mind following information while applying online for JEE Main:
- First of all, visit the official site and go to official notification from the official website.
- Read information completely and if you find yourself eligible to appear in the exam then go ahead.
- The JEE Main 2021 application form will be available from 1st week of September 2020 (January Exam).
- Candidates can submit JEE Main application form through online mode only as there is no other way to apply.
- The applicants must have Aadhar ID for appearing in the JEE Main exam as it is a mandatory document.
- Enter all the information asked in the application form.
- Then upload scanned images of photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impressionas per given specifications.
- Make payment of application fee whichever is applicable.
- Check all the entries before clicking on the Submit button.
- At the end submit your application form, an auto-generated confirmation page with application number will be generated.
- Take the printout of the submitted application form for future reference.
JEE Main Application Fee
- The application fee will be different from one category to another.
- Payment of the application fee can be done through credit card/debit card and net banking.
- Candidates can also pay the application fee through e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/ICICI bank.
- After payment of the application fee, there is no refund in any case.
- The fee structure is as under:
|Papers||Offline (Pen & Paper Based)||Online Mode (Computer Based)|
|General/OBC Male Candidates||SC/ST/PwD/Women Candidates||General/OBC Male Candidates||SC/ST/PwD/Women Candidates|
|Paper I or II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I & II||1800||900||1300||650|
|Fee for those candidates who opted exam centre in Foreign Country|
|Paper I or II||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper I & II||3800||1900||3800||1900|
JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern
Aspirants must have basic information about JEE Main exam pattern and its syllabus for making better preparation. Candidates should know that there are two papers in JEE Main. Here, you can find important information regard exam pattern including the number of questions, the subject covered, marking scheme and exam duration etc.:
JEE Main Paper-I
|Mode of Exam||The exam will be held through online mode i.e. computer-based test.|
|Total Number of questions||Paper-I will contain total 90 multiple choice questions.|
|Subjects:||Paper-I will consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.|
|Language||Paper will be in English & Hindi (except exam centre cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli where medium for question paper will be English, Hindi, and Gujarati). Candidates must choose language preference while filling the application form.|
|Type of Questions||All the questions will be objective type in nature having four alternatives.|
|Exam Duration||The duration of the exam will be 3.00 hours|
|Marking Scheme||Candidates will get 4 marks for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt.|
JEE Main Paper-II
|Courses||B. Planning/ B.Arch.|
|Mode of Exam||Online Mode (Computer based test)|
|Total Number of questions||Paper-II will contain total 82 questions i.e. 30 questions from Mathematics, 50 questions from Aptitude Test and 2 descriptive type questions from Drawing.|
|Type of Questions||Mathematics and Aptitude Test section will consist of objective type questions whereas the Drawing section will contain 2 descriptive type questions.|
|Medium of Language||English & Hindi (except exam centre cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli where medium for question paper will be English, Hindi, and Gujarati). Candidates must select their preferred language while filling the application form.|
|Exam Duration||The duration of the exam will be 3.00 hours.|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks assigned to each objective type question and 2 descriptive question in drawing section will be of 70 marks.|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in Mathematics and Aptitude Section.|
JEE Main Syllabus 2021
The candidates must be aware of the JEE Main syllabus in details for preparation of the exam. The syllabus will contain subject of the 11th and 12th standard of CBSE and other State boards. Syllabus for both paper 1 and Paper 2 will be different from each other. There will be questions on physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects in Paper 1 while Paper 2 will contain mathematics, aptitude and drawing sections. Check the following information with regard to JEE Main 2021 syllabus.
Syllabus for JEE Main Paper 1
Work, Energy, Power, Oscillations and Waves, Laws of motion, Rotational Motion, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Optics, Physics and Measurement, Thermodynamics, Kinematics, Gravitation, Electronic devices, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Kinetic theory of gases, Properties of solids and liquids etc.
Sequences and Series, Complex numbers and Quadratic Equations, Vector Algebra, Relations and Functions, Time and Work, Matrices and Determinants, Sets, Mathematical induction, Integral calculus, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Permutations and Combinations, Statistics and probability, Mathematical Reasoning, Trigonometry, etc.
Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Chemical thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Atomic structure, States of matter etc.
Organic Chemistry: Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Organic compounds containing halogens, Chemistry in everyday life and some basic principles of organic chemistry etc.
Inorganic Chemistry: Environmental chemistry, Hydrogen, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, D – and f – block elements etc.
Syllabus for JEE Main Paper 2
Section-I: Buildings, Materials, places, Awareness of persons, Visualizing, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings, Mental Ability (Numerical, Visual and Verbal), Analytical Reasoning etc.
Section-II: building forms and elements, harmony and contrast, colour texture, rotation, subtraction, Understanding, and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, Creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions as per the given shapes and forms, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union etc.
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2021
Here candidates can check some important preparation tips for JEE Main exam which will be definitely helpful in the exam.
- The prime work is to collect complete information about JEE Main syllabus and exam pattern.
- Thereafter, make a proper study plangiving sufficient time to each subject.
- Solve previous year question papersand sample paper on routine basis.
- Collect the important information, study material and JEE Main Preparation Booksand read the same.
- During the study, you can make short notesof the important topics for revision of the same at the last stage.
- Practice mock test as it is very-very beneficial to understand the exam pattern and to assess the capability.
- You should also keep the focus on your health. Practice Yoga, Meditation and Gym to stay healthy.
JEE Main 2021 Admit Card
- Candidates can download the admit card through online mode.
- The authority will not send any information in this regard via post.
- The admit card will be available on official website of the exam conducting authority in the month of December 2020.
- Keep your registration/application number safe for downloading the admit card.
- Admit card will contain information like candidate’s name, roll number, exam date and time, venue of exam etc.
- If any candidate found the discrepancy in the JEE Main Admit Card 2021, then report it to the concerned authority.
- Do not forget to carry admit card along with photo ID proof on the day of the exam.
JEE Main Answer Key 2021
- The CBSE will publish the answer keys for both Paper-I and Paper-II in the month of January 2021.
- Candidates can verify their answers and also calculate their expected score with the help of answer keys.
- One can easily download the answer keys from the official website.
- If a candidate is not satisfied with answers given in the answer key, then he/she can challenge the same by paying Rs.1000/per question.
JEE Main 2021 Result
- JEE Main 2021 result is likely to be published on the official website in the month of February 2021.
- The candidates can download their JEE Main result from the website.
- Candidate must obtain cut off marks to pass the examination.
- On the basis of All India Rank, candidates will able to get admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs, SFTIs etc.
- Candidates can appear in JEE Advanced after qualifying JEE main for taking admission in IITs/ISMs.
JEE Main 2021 Cut Off
The JEE Main Cut Off 2021 will also be announced along with the result. Check the following information with regard to JEE Main 2021 Cut Off:
- The cut-off mark is expected to release in the month of February 2021 along with the JEE Main result.
- The Cut Off marks will be available through online mode.
- JEE Main cut off marks is the minimum qualifying marks on the basis of which, one can appear in All India counselling.
- The authority will publish category wise cut off.
JEE Main Counselling 2021
After the announcement of the JEE Main result, the competent authority will publish the notification regarding the counselling schedule. There will be a separate schedule for both State Counselling and All India Rank.
- JEE Main 2021 counselling is expected to start in the3rd week of June 2021.
- The counselling will be held through online mode.
- A centralized counselling will also be conducted by JoSAA and CSABwhich will be completed in several rounds.
- The candidates have to register themselves for participating in the counselling process.
- Candidates can fill their choicesas per the preference of courses and colleges.
- Thereafter, a provisional seat allotmentwill be declared on the basis of candidates rank, category, choice-filled and seat availability.
- Download the provisional seat allotment letter from the website and pay the seat acceptance fee.
- Candidates also need to verify the original documentsat the reporting centre.
- After confirmation of the seat by the reporting centre, the candidates must report to the allotted college for further admission processbefore the last date of admission.
For complete details about JEE Main Exam check the Official Link. For regular update of this exam keep visiting this page of Naukaricareer or bookmark this page by pressing CTRL+D.