Are you searching for “How To Linking Pan Card with Aadhaar Card” then this page provides full details for Pan Card- Aadhaar Card Linking. This article, a detailed overview on how to link your Aadhaar to your PAN card online, via SMS, or offline. Here, you know why Aadhaar Card Pan Card linking is important, Aadhaar Card Pan Card Linking Last Date, Aadhaar – pan card linking online status, or more information.
Pan Card- Aadhaar Card Linking Update:
UIDAI recently announced that people, whose Aadhaar cards were issued more than 10 years ago, can update their demographic details on the Aadhaar portal for FREE from 15th March 2023 to 30th June 2023.
Aadhaar PAN Linking Last Date
The last date for linking PAN with Aadhaar has been extended from 31st March 2023 to 30th June 2023. Failing to link the two will mean that your PAN will become inoperative from 1st July 2023.
Also Apply– PAN Card Online Form
How To Link Pan Card With Aadhaar Card Online- Steps-Wise
To link your Pan Card with your Aadhaar Card, you need to follow the below given steps-
- First of all, Visit the e-filing portal to link your Aadhaar to your PAN card.
- Now, click on the ‘Home Page” home page and click on the ‘Our Services tab. Now, select and click on the ‘Link Aadhaar’ option as shown below:
- After that, a new window opens. Enter your PAN and Aadhaar details, your name as per your Aadhaar card, and the registered mobile number. Provided, you only have the year of birth mentioned on your Aadhaar card, you will have to check the relevant box. You will also have to check the relevant box to validate your Aadhaar details.
- Then, a 6-digit OTP will be delivered to your registered mobile number, which will remain valid for the next 15 minutes. Enter the OTP on the verification page and click on ‘Validate’.
- Once you validate the OTP entered, you will be shown a pop-up message confirming the submission of your request for linking of your PAN and Aadhaar.
How to Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card via SMS?
You can also link your Aadhaar to PAN via send an SMS with a few simple steps as follows:
The format of the SMS should be UIDPAN <space> your 12-digit Aadhaar number <space> your 10-character alphanumeric PAN number
The SMS should be sent to either of the following numbers from your registered mobile:
You will receive a message on your registered mobile confirming the linking of your Aadhaar to your PAN card
How to Link Aadhaar Card with PAN Card Offline?
The offline procedure for linking PAN with Aadhaar is as follows:
- Visit a PAN card service center
- Get an Annexure-I form and fill it up
- Submit the completed form along with copies of your original PAN and Aadhaar cards
- Pay the processing fee and collect the acknowledgment receipt for your request
Why Linking Aadhaar to PAN Card is Mandatory?
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has made it mandatory for all taxpayers to link PAN with Aadhaar. Non-compliance would lead to cancellation of your PAN. According to rule 114AAA of I-T Act, 1961, you will not be able to do the following with an inoperative PAN card:
- You will not be able to file your tax returns
- Any pending, incomplete, or incorrect returns will not be processed
- You will not be able to claim tax refunds, if any
- You may be charged income tax at a higher rate
- You will not be able to invest or trade in SEBI-registered marketplaces (since you won’t be able to complete KYC with an inoperative PAN card)
Also Read- How To Apply For PAN Card
How to Check PAN Aadhaar Link Status?
Follow the below steps to check your Aadhar card pan card link status pre-login and post-login:
Pre-login: How to Check Aadhar Card Pan Card Link Status?
- Go to the e-filing portal homepage
- Under Quick Links, find and click Link Aadhaar Status
- Enter your Aadhaar and PAN details, and click on View Link Aadhaar Status
- Once your details have been validated, you will be shown a message regarding the progress of your PAN Aadhaar link status.
- If the linking of your Aadhaar to your PAN is still in progress, you will be shown a message saying that your request has been sent to UIDAI for validation. You will be asked to check the status later on. However, if the linking is complete, a message will be displayed confirming the linking of your Aadhaar to PAN card.
Post-Login: How to Check PAN Linked with Aadhaar?
After you login to the e-filing portal, click on Link Aadhaar Status. You can also access this option from your ‘My Profile’ section. If your Aadhaar is already linked to your PAN card, you will be able to see your Aadhaar number. If not, you will be shown the progress status of your PAN Aadhaar link