Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the “PM Vishwakarma Yojana Scheme” on August 15, 2023, and it was made public on September 17, 2023. Its goal is to promote regional and traditional craftspeople across the country. These people would be eligible for low-interest loans without any type of security. The project for local artisans has a budget of Rs 13,000 to 15,000 crore for five years. The program is anticipated to benefit over 30 lakh families of artists and craftspeople.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana
On August 15, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi made the PM Vishwakarma Yojana Kaushal Samman announcement. With a focus on traditional artists and craftspeople, this project promotes small enterprises. It offers small business owners and artisans financial support, education, better practices, and skill coaching. The budget of 15,000 crore rupees for the scheme demonstrates government investment. This 15,000 crore rupees would assist goldsmiths, blacksmiths, hairdressers, washermen, masons, and sellers.
This program is designed to help our country’s talented artisans who suffer financially and are unable to lead better lifestyles. This affects a large number of people who, given the chance, could improve civilisation. The government introduced the PM Vishwakarma Yojana Kaushal Samman on September 17, 2023. This program will train and support skilled artisans. The government wants to support these artisans financially so they may give back to the community and the country.
Vishwakarma Yojana Online Registration
The Indian government started the Vishwakarma Yojana to aid regional small businesses and talented craftspeople. Online enrolment for this program will begin on September 17, 2023, the birthday of Lord Vishwakarma. The Vishwakarma Samman Yojana, which will employ cutting-edge technology to improve businesses on a worldwide scale, will benefit more than 30 lakh households in India.
|Scheme Name||PM Vishwakarma Kaushal Samman Yojana|
|Launch by||PM Shri Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiaries||SC ST OBC, economic weak category people, traditional artisans and craftspeople|
|Announce Date||15 August 2023|
|Launch Date||17 September 2023|
|Budget||Rs. 13000 to 15000 Crore|
The Vishwakarma Yojana 2023 of the Indian government is an excellent initiative that will benefit lakhs of Indian homes. Online registration for the Vishwakarma Yojana will be available soon, making it simple for anyone to sign up and profit from it.
How to Apply Online for PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023?
To apply online for PM Vishwakarma Yojana 2023, follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
- Create an account, or enter your existing credentials to access your account.
- Fill out the online application form with your personal and contact details.
- Select the specific skill development program or course you’re interested in.
- Upload any required documents, such as proof of identity and educational certificates.
- Check and revise your application.
- Submit the application form.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Objective
Recognizing all Indian artists and craftspeople as Vishwakarma and providing commercial and other advantages
- To periodically teach them business/industry-related skills and make them more effective.
- Modernization of all manufacturing equipment and improvement of efficiency, productivity, and product quality
- Giving Vishwakarma Yojana recipients easy, collateral-free, low-interest loans and interest rate rebates
- Digital empowerment of Vishwakarma Yojana beneficiaries via education and digital transactions
- To promote Vishmakarma’s goods and increase sales via market involvement.
PM Vishwakarma Yojana Main Features
In her 2023-2024 Budget Address, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman introduced PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
- The budget funds PM Vishwakarma Yojana with Rs 13,000 crore.
- Our deal benefits Vishwakarma directly. The community is varied.
- This program gives Kargil locals practical training.
- The government will lend Rs 1,000,000–Rs 2,000,000. The government contributes 5% to these loans.
- The project attempts to create community employment and enhance finances.
- Most Vishwakarma workers may profit from this approach.
- This initiative helps millions of traditional tool-using craftsmen.
- Traditional artists would learn self-employment and advertise their work.
- Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, OBCs, Women, Tribals, and other disadvantaged groups may utilize PM Vishwakarma Yojana.
Vishwakarma Yojana Eligibility
Any self-employed artisan or craftsman working with hands and tools in one of the foregoing family-based traditional trades in an unorganized sector is qualified.
- The recipient must be 18 to register.
- The recipient must be in the relevant trade and not have received any other government loans.
- One family member—husband, wife, and unmarried children—will get benefits.
- Trades covered under Vishwakarma Yojana
- Wood Based:
- Carpenter (Suthar)
- Boat Maker
- Iron/Metal Based/Stone Based:
- Blacksmith (Lohar)
- Hammer and Tool Kit Maker
- Sculptor (Moortikar, stone carver)
- Stone Breaker
- Gold/Silver Based:
- Goldsmith (Sunar)
- Clay Based:
- Potter (Kumhaar)
- Leather Based:
- Cobbler (Charmakar)
- Shoesmith/Footwear Artisan
- Mason (Raajmistri)
- Doll & Toy Maker (Traditional)
- Barber (Naai)
- Garland Maker (Malakaar)
- Washerman (Dhobi)
- Tailor (Darzi)
- Fishing Net Maker
Vishwakarma Scheme Documents Requirments
- Aadhar card.
- Voter ID card
- PAN card
- Domicile certificate
- Phone number
- Email id
- Passport size color photograph
- Work-related documents
- Bank account details
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate.
Vishwakarma Yojana Benefits
- Increasing traditional craftspeople’s earnings
- Expanding traditional arts and crafts employment
- Promoting and preserving India’s rich culture
- Making Indian handicrafts more competitive globally
For more details, visit the Official Site