Today Current Affairs 26th December 2018- Daily GK Questions, Quiz
Prime Minister inaugurated the longest railway-road bridge Bogibeel in the country on the Brahmaputra river
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the country’s longest rail-road bridge Bogibeel on the Brahmaputra river in Assam.
- The four dot nine kilometer long bridge at the lower deck of this bridge is a two-line rail track and a three-lane road on the top deck.
- Given the strategic importance of the project, the central government declared the construction of this bridge as a national project in 2007.
Former Prime Minister HD Devgowda had laid the foundation stone of this project in January 1997, but the construction work started on 21 April 2002 during the tenure of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee-led government.
- Inauguration of Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s memorial
- On December 25, 2018, the inauguration of the memorial ‘Sadavi Atal’, former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, was inaugurated in Delhi.
- He died after a long illness on August 16, 2018.
- This memorial project was funded by the Atal Memorial Trust Society.
- The ‘Atal’ memorial will be managed by trustees headed by Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan.
Good Governance Day: December 25
- Good governance day is celebrated every year on 25th anniversary of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
- Good governance day was established by the Government of India in 2014.
- The purpose of this day is to make people aware of the government’s commitment to provide transparent and accountable administration in the country.
Government will make smart prepaid to all meters
- Ministry of Power, Government of India has decided to make smart prepaid all meters in 3 years from 1st April, 2019.
- Benefits of this step: Reducing AT & C deficit, better health of discom, energy conservation, easing of bill payment and reducing paper bills.
- Consumers do not need to pay the whole month’s bill in one go, instead they can pay according to their needs.
Patrick Shanhah took the position as US Defense Secretary instead of James Mattis
- United States President Donald Trump announced through a tweet that Defense Secretary Jim Matisse will be replaced by his deputy Patrick Shahan as the Pentagon Chief on January 1, 2019.
- Jim Matis announced his resignation on December 21, 2018 due to strong policy differences with Mr. Trump.
- S Ra. US – Capital – Washington DC, President – Donald Trump, Currency – US Dollar (1 USD – 70 INR)
- Bharti was appointed chief of Corporation Bank
PV Bharti has been appointed as the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Corporation Bank on December 24, 2018.
- He is currently the Executive Director of Canara Bank.
- He will take office on or after February 1, 2019 and will remain in office until his retirement – March 31, 2020.
- Corporation Bank – Headquarters – Mangalore, Establishment – 12 March 1906
‘Super-Earth’ was detected in the constellation Cassiopeia
- Located 21 light years away in the constellation Cassiopeia, a shimmering ‘super-sense’ was detected, five times the mass of the Earth, which was named as HD 219134B.
- Unlike the Earth, however, its most likely iron is not a huge core, but rich in calcium and aluminum with magnesium and silicon.
Indian Science Congress on January 3, 2019
- 106 V Indian Science Congress will be held on 3rd January 2019 at the Lovely Professional University of Punjab.
- The subject of this four-day program is ‘Future India: Science and Technology’.
- The purpose of this event is to bring together science fraternity from around the world to discuss innovations and research.
- It is organized by the Indian Science Congress Association.
Approval of establishment of 2 development boards in Uttar Pradesh
- The Uttar Pradesh cabinet gave its approval for setting up the development board for Bundelkhand and Purvanchal.
- It will be chaired by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
- Both boards will be built for 3 years.
- The chairman of this board will select two vice-presidents, 11 non-official members and two experts for each board.
- Uttar Pradesh – Capital – Lucknow, Chief Minister – Yogi Adityanath, Governor – Ram Naik
Hamilton Drivers Awarded Driver of the Year
- On December 22, 2018, Louis Hamilton won the ‘Drivers Driver of the Year’ award.
- For the first time, the winner of the award was voted to choose.
- After claiming the 5th World Driver Championship, he won this award.
- Louise Hamilton is the third person in history to achieve the 5th World title.
To get daily updates about daily Current Affairs 26th December 2018, you can keep visit this page of naukaricareer.com. if you any queries then submit your queries in below comment box.