Today Current Affairs 29th December 2018- Daily GK Question, Quiz
Lok Sabha Elections 2019: Ban on all types of tobacco at polling stations
- The Election Commission of India has banned all types of tobacco products at all polling places during the first Lok Sabha election 2019.
- The Commission has started this campaign to implement the Tobacco Control Act effectively in the country.
Election Commission – Establishment – January 25, 1950, Article 324, Chief Election Commissioner – Sunil Arora
Three Divorce Bill passed in Lok Sabha
- The three Divorce Bill (2018) has passed by the Lok Sabha. Now it will be introduced in the Rajya Sabha for approval.
- Of the 256 MPs present in the House, 245 members voted in favor of this, while 11 members voted against it.
Lok Sabha – Lower and Popular House, Tenure – 5 years, Member Number – 552 (Current – 543 + 2), Formation – Under Article 81, Chairman – Sumitra Mahajan
NITI commission released second delta ranking
- Chief commissioner of the Policy, Amitabh Kant released the second Delta Ranking under aspiring district program today.
- The highest progress in all areas of the district of Virudnagar in Tamil Nadu After this, there is no place in Nuapada district in Odisha, Sidharthanagar in Uttar Pradesh, Aurangabad in Bihar and Koraput in Odisha.
- On the other hand, Kifire district of Nagaland, Giridih of Jharkhand, Chhatar of Jharkhand, Helakandi of Assam and Pakur district of Jharkhand have found the lowest improvement.
Policy Commission – Establishment – January 01, 2015 In place of Planning Commission, Vice President – Rajiv Kumar, CEO – Amitabh Kant
Japan separates itself from the International Haveling Commission
- Japan has decided to separate itself from the International Whaling Commission (IWC).
- This Commission has been formed to prevent the poaching of whales in the world.
- Japan also decided to resume hunting of whales whilst in their decision and commercially from July 2019.
International Whaling Commission – Establishment 1946
The commission had banned commercially for hunting the whales in the world by banning them in 1986.
Government has set up ‘Disaster Management Praskar’
- The Government of India has established ‘Subhash Chandra Bose Disaster Management Praskar’.
- This award will be given in recognition of the outstanding work done by individuals and institutions in the field of disaster management.
- If the award is an award-winning institution, then he will be given a cash prize of Rs 51 lakhs.
- If the recipient of the award is a person, then he will be given a cash prize of Rs. 5 lakhs.
Inauguration of third bi-lateral festival in Assam
- In Assam, on December 27, 2018, the third Dijijing Festival was inaugurated on the banks of AE river in Chimang district.
- This festival is being jointly organized by Assam Tourism Department, Assam Tourism Development Corporation (ATDC) and Bodoland Tourism.
- Participants of Thailand, Bhutan and Bangladesh participated in this festival which lasted for 12 days.
- Assam – Capital – Dispur, Chief Minister – Sarwananda Sonowal, Governor – Prof. Jagdish Mukhi
- Madhya Pradesh declares Kuno as National Park
- Madhya Pradesh State Government has declared the Koono Wildlife Sanctuary as a National Park in compliance with the final condition by the committee appointed by the Supreme Court for ‘the much anticipated transfers of Asiatic lions from the fall of Gujarat’.
- There is hope for the transition of lions from the fall of Gujarat to Kuno. It is spread over 750 sq km area.
- Madhya Pradesh – Rajdhani – Bhopal, Chief Minister – Kamal Nath, Governor – Anandiben Patel
- Manipur CM gets Champions of Change Award
- Manipur Chief Minister N. Biren Singh was conferred the ‘Champions of Change’ award by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu on December 26, 2018.
- He was honored for his exemplary leadership in bringing change in governance in the North-Eastern state.
- The selection of this award was made by the Jury Board, former Chief Justice of India. G. Balkrishna and former Supreme Court Judge Sudha Mishra.
- Manipur – Capital – Imphal, Chief Minister – N. Biren Singh, Governor – Najma Heptullah
- Adi Sai Vijayakaran won the title of ‘The Debuter in the World’
- In the World Scholar Cup held at Yale University of America, Jr. Sai Vijayakaran has created history by winning the Junior Debate championship.
- The subject for this was ‘An Entangled World: Diplomacy, Human relations, the science of memory, and literature, art’.
- This is the first time that a person from India has won the prestigious title.
Ricky Ponting joins ICC Hall of Fame
Former Australia captain Ricky Ponting has been included in the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame by the International Cricket Council.
Ponting was nominated for the Hall of Fame Award in July this year with former Indian captain Rahul Dravid, England women’s wicketkeeper Claire Taylor.
For regular updates about Today Current 29th December 2018 candiates need to keep visit this page or bookmark this page by pressing CTRL+D.